[Geysers] Geyser report April 29

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 14:32:29 PDT 2007

Did you ever have one of those days when things went off right away, and
then there were hours with practically nothing? Well, welcome to April 29, 2007.
Nice day, though; cloudless until about noon, temp up to 70 here in West.
(Supposed to be rain/snow showers, highs in the 40s this coming weekend!)

My fourth bear sighting of 2007, this on on Fountain Flat as I drove in,
about one minute after a moose crossed the road in front of me.

0728 ie was Grotto, and this proved to be a marathon. It is probably the
same eruption that Rebecca and Andrew saw start last night at "about 1830" from
Grand -- Variable Spring was way down and furiously boiling muddied water,
Bijou  etc. were totally dead, and so on. This would be consecutive marathons.
Grotto  was still ie at a little after noon, so the duration was approaching 18
hours  and counting.

Riverside was 0737ns.

Daisy 0045E, 0306E, 0531E, and 1753. I expected to get the next eruption,
but it apparently happened just after 1000 when I couldn't see it for the  trees.

Grand 0124E and 0849 (-2Q).

Depression 0827ie.

Lion was splashing at 0830. Lion was splashing at 1200. Never did see  Aurum.

Beehive orange.

Plumes at 1043 and 1137.

In answer to a query, in 10 days in the basin, I have yet to see Little
Squirt.

Well anyhow, being somewhat bored with the action-less UGB, I departed to
give Fountain a try. And I found its runoffs quite damp.

Enroute to Fountain I again stopped to watch West Flood, and the eruptions
of a week ago might have been a passing thing. Since then, though it is  still
haveing the heaving flooding overflows, I've seen it only boil a little at
times and no visible boiling at others. The last time I saw a burst was a week
ago.

Well... All for today.