[Geysers] West Flood Geyser

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Apr 21 15:51:01 PDT 2007

I seem to have no record as to when West Flood was last active, but it's
certainly been a long time. But it is active now, though seemingly in a rather
erratic fashion.

This morning on the drive in I saw it in eruption, with bursts maybe 8 or  10
feet high -- it was very difficult to see due to the steam. Later today,
apparently, Paul Strasser saw it play to his guess of 6 feet. I therefore
dcetermined to sit on it for a while this afternoon, and here's what I  saw:

1421 overflow ending

1438 start overflow, interval unknown
1440 end overflow, no eruption, duration about 2 minutes

1453 start overflow, interval about 15 minutes
1459 overflow becomes full flood, boiling visible through binoculars but no
bursting
1502 end overflow, duration about 9 minutes

1512 start overflow, interval about 19 minutes
1518 overflow becomes full flood, a single burst to 3 feet as flood  decreased
1520 end overflow, duration about 8 1/2 minutes