[Geysers] Webcam problem

Moose, Allan E. MOOSEAE at uwec.edu
Tue Apr 10 08:27:33 PDT 2007

Well, the mystery deepens. I have two computers sitting side by side, wirelessly networked together. One of them can get the webcam via http://www.nps.gov/archive/yell/oldfaithfulcam.htm while the other one can't. These are connected to an SBC dsl line. My hypothesis is that there are so many hits on the webcam that NPS had to share the feed through a couple of servers and so now I have a cookie on one machine that sends it to the "Sorry unavailable" message.  This is just a guess, mind you, but it's the only explanation that makes sense to me. I know that some websites that get a large number of hits use mirror sites for archived data, so perhaps something like that is being done here. I suggest that people who are having trouble accessing the webcam try the URL I mentioned a couple of days ago, and search for other URLs as well.

Allan