[Geysers] Pre-Giant Grotto info

Ralph Taylor ralpht at iglou.com
Sat Sep 23 21:33:24 PDT 2006

I downloaded Grotto's logger not long before the Giant eruption of 22
September.  The activity for the week was as follows:

Start Time and Date	Interval	Duration

16/Sep/06 05:31:00	64:34:00	00:01:00
16/Sep/06 11:19:00	05:48:00	02:19:00
16/Sep/06 18:54:00	07:35:00	06:51:00
17/Sep/06 11:27:00	16:33:00	12:50:00
18/Sep/06 12:16:00	24:49:00	00:37:00
18/Sep/06 17:33:00	05:17:00	00:38:00
18/Sep/06 23:25:00	05:52:00	01:00:00
19/Sep/06 04:28:00	05:03:00	01:00:00
19/Sep/06 10:05:00	05:37:00	19:48:00
20/Sep/06 20:55:00	34:50:00	25:26:00

The recent pattern of a "mini-marathon" [no, I don't want to debate
nomenclature!!!] followed by "normal" short duration eruptions followed by a
"real" marathon [around 24 hours duration] applied.  Sort of.  There were
TWO long marathons, not one.

For those keeping score at home the 19-hour eruption of 19 September ended
at 0553 on the 20th (electronic) and the 25+ hour marathon of 20 September
ended at 2221 (electronic).

Ralph Taylor