[Geysers] Short geyser report Sept 20

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Sep 20 16:28:20 PDT 2006

Life sometimes bears commitments, as today...

...Yesterday's Grotto proved to be a marathon of roughly 18 hours duration
-- it was still on last night at 2230 and had been off "for a while" as of 0620
 today -- ending at a best-guess time of 0400. That put the 9-hour recovery
at  1300 today. Well, I was there and as of 1330, when I really HAD to depart,
the  recovery hot period had not happened. Frankly, water levels did not
really seem  "right" to me. Did Giant erupt sometime thereafter. Guess we'll find
out.

For the record, Variable Spring's first overflow was at about 1015, and the
first time I noted any slight change in the water level in The GIP was at
abouot  1230.

On a day of rather mild temperature (50s) and virtually no wind, Daisy had
an interval of 3h 21m.

We were "all" at Giant, so only saw Grand's steam from there, at 1124ns. It
was a 2-burst eruption.

And that's really all I have from today.