[Geysers] Lion picture controversy.

Eric Hatfield conantb at swbell.net
Thu Sep 14 21:56:13 PDT 2006

Again I submit that I think there is no second shooter on the grassy knoll.

Zoom the picture up.  I'm fairly confident that what we are seeing is a low, aberrant steam puff from Lion in the swirling wind behind the Lion group's mound.  The puff in question does NOT connect with the larger steam cloud trailing away, which is clearly from Lion.  A significant eruption would generate some trailing steam of its own (think of how much comes off Pump.)

The location of the puff is probably too close to Lion to be Goggles, and definitely too close to be North G.

My two cents (again.)