[Geysers] No Giant today

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Sep 3 18:29:43 PDT 2006

I will submit a much more detailed, two-day report tomorrow. I suffice to
say here that, to the great disappointment of the 60+ gazers who are here, Giant
 did not erupt today. Things appeared to be perfectly set up. Yesterday's
Grotto  turned out to be a true marathon of 23h 10m. It ended just before 0900
today,  setting the system up for an evening recovery hot period.

Unfortunately, per "conventional wisdom," the recovery happened too soon.
The hot period began at 1622. It lasted a bit longer than 17 minutes. But
Mastiff could not maintain its surging, and Giant's vertical stuff never filled
more than half the cone (indeed, Giant's surging grew slightly angled even while
 Feather was still on).

So, 7 days and counting.