[Geysers] GOSA Membership and Acknowledgements

Alethea Steingisser laalethea at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 21:25:02 PDT 2006

Sorry..I didn't finish composing that last email, but my computer obviously thought I was done and "sent" it without my initiation!

Here is the entire message:

Hello all,

I am finishing up my masters thesis on human impacts to geyser basins at the University of Oregon Department of Geography, and would like to highlight GOSA's importance regarding documentation of past and present geyser activity all over the world.  I can't say that I have been a true geyser gazer, per se, but became interested because geysers are a rare global resource that are disapperaring as a result of human activities.

Is there a specific person that I can contact to find out the current membership and number of subscribers to the list-server? It looks like the only contact link on the new site goes to the web designer.  Ideally, I would like to find out what countries GOSA members represent.

Thanks to all of you who have donated time and provided information for this project, particularly Scott Bryan for his extensive research on global geyser distributions, and Gordon Bower for early reference materials.  I will send a link once the project is done and in digital form.

You may also be interested in the upcoming Atlas of Yellowstone
www.atlasofyellowstone.com
I am a cartographer and researcher working on this project and can say that the geothermal page(s) are finally in beginning production stage.

Thanks to all of you for your dedication and insights.

Alethea Steingisser
Alethea Steingisser Photography and Design
www.naturesmoods.net