[Geysers] Short geyser report May 23

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue May 23 15:09:12 PDT 2006

What a miserable morning -- cloudy-foggy with a very strong wind. So I
didn't stay at Old Faithful for very long. So this is simply to report that  Grotto
was in marathon at 0715, and that eruption is suspected (though not
positively known) to have been the same eruption that began at 1346 yesterday.  That
eruption continued as of about 11:45. And therefore, Giant etc. were  dead.

The spouting thing downstream from Black Opal Pool at Biscuit Basin appears
to have quit erupting. Today, both inbound and outbound, I saw no splashing at
 all, and runoff was barely a trickle.

That's all my geyser stuff for today -- I have lots of other observations
but no intervals, and nothing unusual.

Today the VC naturalists completely missed the 0854 eruption of Old
Faithful. Admittedly, they were in the midst of the opening procedure at that  time,
but it shows what the view is. This is, I understand, the second OF that's
been missed. So to repeat what I said a couple of days ago -- please report your
times. Include Old Faithful!