[Geysers] GIP Water Level

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 8 19:12:16 PDT 2006

In a message dated 5/8/2006 7:06:54 PM Mountain Standard Time,
jacross at lamar.colostate.edu writes:

Do the  references to "high" water levels mean that it is near the top of the

vent, or is it spreading out to
form a pool?

This is probably in the eyes of the beholder. The other day I said "high"
when, even though we were only a few hours after the previous Giant eruption, I
could see water in the GIP while simply standing on the boardwalk. Of course
I've see it higher on other occasions, but the circumstances were different
then... The only time(s) I've seen it near the top of the vent/crater has
been during hot periods...I think this is the sort of thing you gotta be around
to experience for yourself, to make your own judgement.