[Geysers] Geyser report May 5

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 5 19:13:18 PDT 2006

Briefly, since I already reported on the fact that as of 1530 today Giant
had not erupted since Sunday evening (so over 4 1/2 days), and that Grotto had
had a normal eruption, and Giant's hot periods were weak. If I didn't say it
before, this morning's Grotto started at 0744 after several minutes of Grotto
Fountain; it was thoroughly off at 1045, and had not shown ANY signs of
restarting as of 1530.......

However, there were other things in the basin, and it overall was a good  day.

Indeed, you couldn't ask for a better weather day -- not a cloud (really,
not even ONE tiny one, ever), very little breeze, and a high temperature in West
 of 62.

Grand had been at 2344e last evening, then was 0630ie today (short  interval)
but [this not so good] today it had not erupted again as of 1530. Thus  in
the last four days, Grand intervals of about 6 3/4 to 9+ hours.

Oblong was at 0923, then 1253ie., so the intervals of 3 1/2 to 4 hours are
holding.

Lion at 0821 initial, 0948, and 1117.

At 1007, Plume had an eruption with 6 bursts. Burst #5 was sort of a
half-burst, but #6 was strong.

Beehive erupted at 1044 after an Indicator of 10 minutes.

Depression had some watchers before 1000 because of good bubbling, but it
didn't erupt until 1529.

Artemisia was i.e at 1100.

On the second Tardy cycle observed today, Penta erupted at 1223 and had a
duration in excess of 35 minutes (Steve Eide probably has the duration).

Daisy at 1127 and 1439 (both i.e., but interval therefore 3h12m).

Fountain was i.e. on my drive in, at 0845.

Scott Bryan

Oh, yeah. The marker remains in place at Fan and  Mortar.