[Geysers] GOSA website

Ralph Taylor ralpht at iglou.com
Tue May 2 20:27:53 PDT 2006

As Lynn Stephens noted, the old GOSA website, which languished for some time
with no webmaster, had suffered attacks from hackers and was infected by
many viruses.  Our new webmaster, Don Might, managed to expunge the viruses,
but the files suffered.  In addition to the logbook files that Lynn
mentioned, a lot of the descriptions are damaged, which shows up as greatly
shortened files that often end in mid-sentence.

I have not heard from David Monteith after many queries about backups, so I
assume that there are none available to us.

Don Might has been working hard on a new, completely revised website which
we hope to roll out very soon.  It has a much more contemporary look and
feel, and contains many of the images and text that Don was able to recover
from the existing site.  It will require a lot of effort to reconstruct the
site with the amount of information that was on the original site, and we
will need contributions from a lot of geyser gazers to bring the site back
to the level of content that was lost.

As soon as we are ready to unveil the new site, we will announce it in the
Geyser Gazer SPUT and here, so stay tuned.

Ralph Taylor