[Geysers] 1959 Geyser Names

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Mar 26 12:27:36 PST 2006

While causally poring through Marler's report for 1959, I noted that he  used
asterisks to indicate those geysers that were given names during the
post-earthquake "Emergency Interpretive Earthquake Study". Marler's report  covered
only the Firehole basins, so none of this applies to the rest of the  park. It
is also for geysers only -- I know not (and largely care not) how many
non-eruptive springs might have been named at the same time.

The list is attached as a Word file.

Several of the names, with comments, are given in bold. Especailly for lee
but certainly anybody else, too, any amplification/elucidation about any of
those would be most appreciated. Thanks.