[Geysers] Geyser Report 3-20-06

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Wed Mar 22 20:10:31 PST 2006

More news from the Upper Basin:

Dilapidated Geyser (PMG-1) erupted today at 1033ie.  The eruption lasted
over 4 minutes and varied from 5 to 20 feet.  I had not been over to the
cone yet this spring so I don't know if this is the first eruption since
last fall or not.

Not much has changed on Geyser Hill.  PLH was in overflow and there is a
nice bacterial mat growing.  This implies it probably hasn't erupted in a
while.  I saw Plume once in the morning and once in the evening.

Penta erupted overnight but Sawmill was active all day.

Vent and Turban were 0702ie.  Grand erupted between 1440 and 1605.  I left
the area after Rift, which had started at 1329, was still erupting 70
minutes later.

I spent very little time at Giant today.  I didn't see any hot periods but
they were happening until Grotto was well into a marathon in late afternoon.

Grotto was off at 0705, was ie at 1304, and still in eruption at 1926.

One closed interval on Daisy was 3h 15m.  It was very windy in the Upper
Basin all day.

Riverside erupted at 1344.

MK