[Geysers] February Sput

Udo Freund gosastore at qnet.com
Fri Mar 3 15:17:34 PST 2006

Horses might be faster.  I think they're using turtles on Prozac.

My copy arrived here this afternoon, 3/3 for a total of 3 weeks plus a
day in transit (emphasis on the ...sit -- I'm sure they sat somewhere
for much of that time).

Perhaps it might help for you to understand the process.  Let me explain
how I prepare an issue for mailing.  Groups of zip codes beginning with
the same 3 digits can be bagged together if they total 6 or more.  Ten
such bags are sent directly to the distribution center (Salt Lake City,
Denver, Portland, etc.) for each group.  The remaining ungroupable (is
there such a word?) copies go in a another bag for national distribution
that is done locally in So. California.  This bag contains more than
half the copies mailed and includes mine.  So it's easy to see that
great variances can occur when we utilize 11 distribution centers, each
working at a different pace.  Most of them are slo-o-o-o-o-w!

Udo Freund