[Geysers] Geyser report June 23

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 23 15:36:29 PDT 2006

I start with Daisy, since there's been discussion about its intervals.
Extracted from the VC logbook, June 17 to this morning June 23, there were 21
closed intervals. Only four of those were longer than 3 hours and none were
shorter than 2 hours. The summary:
number = 21
mean interval = 2h 30m 00s (really!)
short interval = 2h 09m
long interval = 3h 14m

Simply predicting 2 1/2 hours + or - 1/2 hour would catch 81% of the
eruptions and would not miss any short interval.

A bit of other stuff today.

Plume experienced intervals of 63, 68, 63, and 58 minutes.

Beehive erupted at 1310, giving an interval of 24h 30m. The indicator was  13
minutes.

Grand underwent a delay Turban and then a Rift eruption. So I gave it up
and, if we count that far, I believe the next Turban after I departed would have
been either D4 or D5. At that point, however, the interval was only up to
about  8 hours.

The only Daisys I caught today gave an interval of 2h 18m.

Giant had a number of hot periods, but none were exciting. They were seen  at
0753ie (Feather Satellite active), 0911ns (from between Grand and Beauty, D ~
 5 minutes), 1130 (no Satellite, D = 3m 40s), and 1255 (no Satellite, D = 4m
55s). But of course, Giant's interval doesn't hit 6 full days until 3 hours
from  right now as I write.

Grotto started at 0842, only 4 minutes into Grotto Fountain. Grotto was off
after a duration of 2h 08m. We were trying to figure out when the last
marathon  was, and we were guessing 3 days ago.

Today, the Lower Gas Station and its rest rooms opened, as did the parking
lot in front of (below) the Inn. The Inn opens on Monday, even though workers
were still noisily sawing wood today.