[Geysers] Geyser report June 22

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jun 22 14:25:56 PDT 2006

Driving a shuttle back from Grant Village to West Yellowstone gave me the
opportunity to spend some time in the UGB.

Plume had intervals of 61, 64, and 67 minutes.

Beehive erupted at 1240, and interval of 25h 15m. The indicator was 13
minutes.

Grand was 0405E and then 1157 (T1C), I = 7h 53m. This was a "Rifted"
interval (Rift at 1105, D = 40 minutes only), so Steve and I and later Rebecca  sat
at Uncertain, which rewarded us at 1140.

Castle had a minor this morning (I don't have the time), then had a major  at
1221.

Daisy had a single interval while I was there, of 2h 22m (ie to ie).

Grotto had a fairly short normal eruption that ended shortly after a Rocket
major. I just missed a Giant hot period. Suffice to say that as of 1330, Giant
 had not erupted since last Saturday.

I am told that the new thing near the river at Biscuit Basin (this really
needs a name ! ) was first seen in February 2006, initially as a steaming area
but then within days as a spouting vent. In the past few days, it has been
splashing from at least two vents, interestingly one very muddy and the other
very clear, both reaching 2 to 3 feet high.