[Geysers] Geyser report June 16

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 15:55:06 PDT 2006

The big news first. At precisely 1300, the Lower Store opened for the
season. This is 6 days earlier than the published opening date. A family of 5  beat
us through the door, so Lynn S, Steve R and I were customers number 6, 7  and
8 for the year. Showing how much money that stupid company has been losing,
by 1330 almost all of the tables and about half the counter stools were filled
at the fountain. Well, anyhow, rest rooms are now available from 0900 to
1800;  fountain service 0900 to 1700. Fresh vegetables and fruit consisted of
bananas  and apples. Period. But boy, they gots a lot of wine and junk food!

Starting yesterday afternoon, Grotto evidently went through some sort of
shortish marathon. As of 2020, per Steve, it had been on for about 4 hours. When
it quit is unknown, but today it had not started again as of about 1420. But
there were Giant hot periods at 0848 (d = 9m 03s), 1205 (d = 3m 45s) and 1422
(d  = 8m 25s).The first and last of those had some Mastiff surging,
especially the  1422 when Mastiff evidently at times got up to about 4 feet high.

Grand at 1130, was a G3Q.

We didn't see Daisy all day from before 0800 until after 1400. It was very
windy at times. But we weren't in sight of it all the time, so...

Oblong's first daylight eruption was at 1225.

Dome was active today.

Plume had known intervals of 68, 72 and 60 minutes.

Beehive was at 1418 yesterday, after being 09xx the day before. Today it  had
not gone as of 1415, even though it had been having big splashes much of the
day.

Yesterday to today, Castle evidently had a long minor eruption that  resulted
in an 11-or-so hour minor interval.

Guess that's all that's reportable...