[Geysers] West Thumb 6-15-06

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Thu Jun 15 22:19:49 PDT 2006

Not much to report here.  I spent a little time in the main basin of West
Thumb today.

The "Mimulus" Pools are all a foot or more below overflow.

Surging Spring is about 2 feet below overflow and brown in color.

Ledge Spring is not active.

Twin Geyser-the water is down about 2 feet in both vents and is not boiling.

The small perpetual spouter across the trail from Twin was not active.

"Skinny Man" Geyser was empty.  When I was speaking with a local NPS Ranger,
they said it has been seen a couple of times this spring.

Hillside Geyser looks to be active, but the runoff channels are not heavily
washed.

Lakeshore Geyser and Fishing Cone are underwater.

MK