[Geysers] Car ID

Kathy HavinsNest at swbell.net
Wed Jun 14 19:11:22 PDT 2006

TSBryan at aol.com wrote:
> No geyser rreport today, nor probably tomorrow as I am driving van
> tours these days.
>
> As for the car ID. My opinion was that it was a mid-50s model. Which
> really proves nothing. But the reason for the query -- the photo
> actually shows Red Spouter, which per all conventional wisdom formed
> as a result of the 1959 earthquake. The captionb on the book source
> that I scdanned from (by Carl Schreier, so errors not to be
> unexpected) cites 1954 as the year of the photo. Well, so all your
> opinions are that the car is mid-50s or later. Still could be
> post-1959, of course, but almost certainly not 1954.
>
> Thanx.
>
> Scott Bryan
Not 1954, if for no other reason, than clothes. That hemline is
definitely not 1954. I know that probably sounds dumb since I wasn't
even alive in 1954 to know hemlines but I love the era and know a bit
about it.
--
Kathy of TheHavinsNest <http://www.picturetrail.com/thehavinsnest>
My Blog <http://havinsnest.blogspot.com/>