[Geysers] Geyser report June 13

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Wed Jun 14 13:20:03 PDT 2006

Scott noted that nobody called the start of Grotto (see below).  Both Kitt
and I were there waiting for Grotto to start since the sun and wind made for
great viewing on the new boardwalk.  Grotto 'started' at 1016 (water coming
out vertically but not very high or voluminous) but we never got a big
splash out of the back of the cone.  At 1017 there was a small splash and
then at 1020 there was a bigger one but still not the usual deluge of water.
Both Kitt and I were hoping for Rocket to have a major since it was
splashing a lot and Grotto didn't seem to want to get started.  Grotto
Fountain was very high, duration 22m.

I do like the new higher boardwalk, it's much better for taking photographs.

Graham.

Snip..There was a Giant hot period at 0948 (d = 8m 45s), a bathtub at about
1050, and a hot period at 1214 (d = 3m 25s and weak). Grotto Fountain
started at 1001 (nobody called the start of Grotto, and I was at Grand), and
Grotto quit (without a Rocket major) at 1228.