[Geysers] Geyser Report June 12 (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 06:13:01 PDT 2006

>From: Karen Webb <caros at aros.net>
>To: geyser observation reports <geysers at wwc.edu>
>Subject: Re: [Geysers] Geyser Report June 12 (Stephens)
>Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:53:40 -0600
>
>  From Karen Webb:
>     I'm wondering if Lynn (or anyone else who monitors Till) can clarify
>for us:
>     1) If we just notice Till in eruption as we're breezing by to and
>from Lower or Midway, do you want that time noted even if we don't know
>what part of the cycle the geyser is in?

Yes please.

>     2) Is there  a way to tell short of sitting there and timing it and
>waiting for a follow up minor what part of the eruption you're seeing
>(water height or anything)?

The minor eruptions generally do not send water down the runoff channel with
the exception of the last two or three minors in the series.  If there is
water flowing down the channel (more than just the pre-major eruption
runoff), then it is probably a major.  Height of the last few minors can
equal or exceed the height during the second half or so of the major, so
height is not a determining factor.