[Geysers] Geyser report June 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jun 11 19:01:11 PDT 2006

About the eruption of Ledtge. No question that it happened and no question
that it was in heavy steam phase yet today. Therein is the mystery to me. The
only previous time I know of when Ledge erupted and was still in what could be
 called "steam phase" more than 12 to even 18 hours later was in 1974. And
that  was the "last" good eruption of the summer and it took place at or very
near the time of that seasons major, basin-wide disturbance.

Which begs the question -- was this eruption an isolated, random event or  is
it associated with something else? (P.S. No matter, I cannot possibly go
there before Tuesday. And the only photo the VC desk knew of when I went in
there at about 1215 was a Ledge pic taken from the NPS online slide file, NOT of
yesterday's eruption.)

Today in the UGB I saw lots of geysers but have rather little worthy of
reporting.

Yesterday's marathon recover Giant hot period was "nothing to be excited
about." It apparently lasted around 9 minutes, but Mastiff did little and was
essentially flat after the 4 minute mark. Today there were hot periods at 0547
and 0733 (d=3m 42s), but those likely were today's last as Grotto was again
going into marathon.

A number of us saw Slurp Geyser in eruption today. Indeed, Steve Robinson
reported its start time as 0707. It was done shortly after Grand (G1Q) ended,
meaning by about 0755.

Daisy had intervals of 3h 28m and then, with strong pm winds, 4h 44m.

After the long (~28 and ~27 hours) intervals of the last two days, Beehive
today went at 23h 53m. Indicator of 10 minutes.

And I only logged two Plume intervals today: 62 and 61 minutes.