[Geysers] Geyser report June 7 and 8

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jun 8 13:57:47 PDT 2006

I never got around to posting anything yesterday, June 7. Not that I had a
whole lot to say.

Beehive was at 0934, after a 15 minute Indicator. That was "early," meaning
an interval on the order of 22 hours.

I got only one Plume interval, of 55 minutes, but the next eruption I saw
was on a (doubloe interval, I hope) of 144 minutes.

Given that Giant had erupted the previous evening, I thought it remarkable
that I saw a low bathtub (or call it what you will -- water barely visible in
Mastiff from the cage) at 1027. However, so far as I know, no hot period was
seen throughout the 7th.

Today June 8, Giant did have a hot period at 0755ie. It evidently was quite
weak -- I only saw it from the bike trail, but a few minutes later I found
that  India had barely been touched.

Grotto Fountain was at 0817, Grotto at 0821. It was a normal eruption,
ending with a Rocket major at 1006 and Grotto off by 1025.

I saw two "odd" eruptions by Churn, at 0827 (from Castle) and 0834 (on
site), odd in that they occurred with all other parts of the Sawmill system off
and Churn fully 1 foot below overflow. However, they were true eruptions,
splashing up to 3 feet or so.

Beehive had erupted at 0635, an interval from yesterday of 21h 01m. So it
looks like Beehive might be getting into a night-mode.

White Dome was at 1149, then 1227 in the rain. Minutes later, my luck with
Labial continued when it went at 1231. At which time Lynn left her all-morning
vigil at Pink Cone area and I headed for town, mostly in driving rain (84
degrees yesterday, 55 degrees today).