[Geysers] Miscellaneous Geysers (Stephens)

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 7 08:05:49 PDT 2006

THIS INFORMATION IS FOR THE PERSONAL USE OF THE READERS OF THIS LISTSERV AND
IS NOT TO BE REPRODUCED FOR ANY OTHER PURPOSES.

On 6/5-6/6 I obtained another closed interval on Pink Cone -- 20hours 47
minutes.

On 6/4 - 6/5 I obtained a double interval for Atomizer major to major of 30
hours 29 minutes for average of 15 hours 15 minutes.  I had hoped to get a
closed interval yesterday but got hung up at Grand on a 9 hour 23 minute
Grand interval (yes, Rift erupted 7 hours 47 minutes into the Grand
interval.)

I've watched some partial cycles at Fountain Geyser.  (Great Fountain or
other duties have interferred with a complete Fountain to Fountain sit so
far).  In general, the cycles I've watched--Spasm may or may not erupt
before Fountain, but in all the Fountain starts I've seen, Spasm has not
been erupting at the time of the Fountain start.  (The Fountain starts I've
seen have all been from a very low pool with intervals in the 7 to 8 1/2
hour range.)  Clepsydra has paused at least once after Fountain quits, and
in one case it had a second pause about 20 minutes after the first pause.
Whenever I've seen Twig erupting, it has started near the end of the
Fountain eruption and erupted for about 2 1/2 hours.  Jet continues for
about 30-50 minutes after Fountain, then stops erupting for some (as yet)
undetermined amount of time.  When Jet resumes intervals are 10-15 minutes,
then irregularly decrease such that Jet has been erupting at 7-10 minute
intervals before Fountain erupts.  Jelly has always been below overflow.
The Fountain durations I've seen have been 32 to 42 minutes.  Super Frying
Pan--I've only gotten one closed interval of 2 1/2 hours.  Durations have
been 7 to 8 minutes.  I've seen Super Frying Pan erupt near the end of
Fountain, 1 1/2 hours before Fountain, just before Fountain--in other words,
at just about any and several points in Fountains interval and I don't
believe it is an indicator for Fountain this season.

I haven't spent much time at Flood but I have seen both intermediate and
major eruptions so there is variation in the intervals.

I also don't know much about Till yet except that durations are still 30-31
minutes and the first minor eruption occurs about 18 minutes after the end
of the major.

Lynn Stephens