[Geysers] Brief geyser report July 28

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 11:35:07 PDT 2006

I was in the park for only a short while today -- I had some stuff to do
there, but also a lot to do here at home. And it's too hot, anyhow -- 82 degrees
in West at 1130. But...

Apparently Black Diamond was seen yesterday, by visitors at around 1700 who
described it as 40 or 50 feet high. This morning it had clearly erupted again,
 as the wash area to the northeast was quite wet. Rocks not visible yesterday
 were widespread today, and the flat "muffin" rock that yesterday was within
the  pool is now about two feet outside of the pool (this rock is maybe 18
inches  across and 6 inches thick).

Beehive remains on the short intervals that began with the Giantess
activity. Yesterday it was at 0316ie, then 1520 (I ~ 12h 04m), and this morning  at
0452 (I = 13h 32m).

Plume today had intervals of 53 and 53 minutes.

Grotto was in marathon yesterday and into the night, so today most gazers
were in the Giant area waiting for the recovery. I wish them luck, but at this
moment it's still less than 5 days since the last Giant.

I saw Mercury at 0910 and 0951.

Perhaps especially for Lynn, at 1022 Gemini was in eruption with what
appeared to be a solo all by itself. There was quite a lot of gurgling in Crack  but
no obvious change in water level in Pebble.