[Geysers] Rude Gazers and Giantess

Joan Wescott jwescottrn at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 27 09:24:28 PDT 2006

Reading the recent comments regarding the rudeness of
the gazers does prompt me to comment. I have been
gazing since 1994, yet I am a very immature gazer
compared to those that are able to be at YNP more
frequently than I to study and observe the geysers in
depth. I am grateful for the time and commitment that
helps to educate and the continual documentation that
adds to the history for  future study. I too have
experienced some unpleasantness from the more renown
gazers and their reluctance to share information when
asked questions. I have met people that portray a
certain arrogance or even some cliquishness within the
group of gazers but it is human nature and when
doesn't one experience these traits anywhere in life?
I just keep asking questions and ignore the behavior
since I know that unnecessary rudeness from someone is
not about me but about the persons own psyche. It
isn't going to change the fact that I am interested in
learning more about the geysers and will search out
the information I need to know. That is why this
informative source of sharing information via email is
so wonderful! Again I must say that in May when I
finally was able to see Giant erupt, I am still
grateful for Kitt Barger announcing "Who ever wants to
see Giant erupt better come now!" over the radio. The
information that she, Scott and KC provided for me
over those days added so much. And I hope when I
return in August and September there will be those
that will willingly share their experience and
information again. Yellowstone Park is a wonderful
place and it is so cool that so many of us are drawn
together due to our love, curiosity, and fascination
of the geothermal phenomena. Thank you for hearing my
interpretation and psychological assessment of the "
gazer rudeness". I am a nurse any-who, but not a psych
nurse! Critical care is my field. I would love to hear
more info on the Giantess eruption and any relation to
Plume?
Joan Wescott RN, CCRN