[Geysers] Geyser names

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 19 18:57:33 PDT 2006

A message from Tara Cross <fanandmortar at hotmail.com>

I agree that "New Thing Far Left" is not a great name.  It's not new anymore, and when viewed from the road as you drive southbound across Fountain Flats, it's actually the farthest feature to the RIGHT.

My primary objection to the name "Football" is that it has nothing to do with the feature itself.  Instead it's an extension of a name which some already feel is poor to begin with.

Can we come up with something that's more descriptive of its eruption or location?

I made the suggestion of "Periscope" to Pat Snyder in a private conversation, and it was completely in jest.  If people end up liking the name then fine, but I have no strong opinion that it should be called "Periscope."

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com