[Geysers] News release on wireless communication in Yellowstone

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jul 16 18:20:26 PDT 2006

In a message dated 7/16/2006 1:40:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
ralpht at iglou.com writes:

A recent  (13 July) news release from Yellowstone announced the beginning of
the  planning process for wireless communications in Yellowstone.  Since  it
includes 2-way radios and cell phones (among other things) it should be  of
interest, perhaps vital interest, to geyser gazers.

The  release can be found  at:

http://www.nps.gov/yell/press/0644.htm

A small part of this says:
"The EA will look at a wide range of current and future wireless
communications that require permanent infrastructure, including two-way radios,  "

Well, I say our FRS radios do not require a permanent infrastructure, and
secondly that I have an FCC license that says I can use the thing -- if need by,
 by stating that I am call sign WPY1990.