[Geysers] Feature names in general

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jul 16 18:16:57 PDT 2006

In a message dated 7/16/2006 7:01:30 PM Mountain Standard Time,
r.keam at auckland.ac.nz writes:

I do not  know what the situation would be in the U.S., but would
people consider  using Native American names to be appropriate?

I think the answer to this question is likely to be "No," as somebody might
feel "left out." In New Zealand there is Maori. Here there is... Crow, and
Shoshoni, and Bannack Shoshoni, and Nez Perce, and Northern Cheyenne, and
Blackfeet, and....