[Geysers] Echinus is active

Kendall Madsen kendall.madsen at onyxgfx.com
Sat Jul 15 23:47:26 PDT 2006

We visited Norris today, and we were surprised to find out Echinus was
active. This may have already been reported and I missed it , but just
in case:.

I looked in the log book and talked to the ranger. From the log book,
the first observed eruption was reported on July 11, at 13:13 (water was
muddy).

According to the ranger, Echinus is going every 2-3 hours and has been
since the 11th of July except for one 12 hour interval on July 13th.
While we were there, Echinus erupted at 12:21 and 15:09 for an interval
of 2 hours 48 minutes.

It was nice.

Kendall Madsen