[Geysers] Heat Traps

Ron Keam r.keam at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jul 11 17:29:47 PDT 2006

This specific effect has been reported in New Zealand as well.  I
remember having read that an eruption of Parekohoru at Whakarewarewa
was precipitated by too many food baskets having been introduced when
a Xmas dinner was being cooked in it by the Maori people (about
1900-1905).  Normally Parekohoru is a crypto-geyser, but on that
occasion it became a real one.

Ron Keam

--

Ron Keam