[Geysers] Kudos to Xanterra

Karen Webb caros at aros.net
Mon Jul 10 20:10:40 PDT 2006

Hoping Mike Keller might be reading, as I couldn't dig up his direct
address from past posts...
    Since we complained so vociferously last year about the abysmal
conditions during both our Old Faithful Lodge cabins stay (July) and
Snow Lodge cabins stay (August) last year, thought it behooved us to
compliment as vociferously this year.  We stayed in the Snow Lodge
cabins.  Either someone took our suggestions about training personnel
seriously or by dumb luck they got an exceptionally good crew this
year.  Our housekeeping service was excellent and the desk staff were
courteous and helpful and, to a one, seemed to have adopted the idea
that the customer is always right rather than that the customer is
always wrong.  The one time we had to mention that our dirty towels were
being taken out but not replaced, they actually acknowledged that it was
housekeeping's fault rather than ours (blaming the customer has been the
de rigeur response in past years for problems like this, at least over
at the OFLodge -- you slept too late, you left the linens where it
wasn't clear you wanted them exchanged, etc, etc, ad nauseum).
    Now if we could just get Delaware North to get over the attitude
that the basic four food groups are booze, chips, Twinkies, and soda...
Webbs (PS -- not quite fair on that last -- Canyon had a very nice
selection of stuff including good produce, but it was a shock to see
that the store formerly known as Lower Ham's had pulled its stock of
produce completely and that Upper Ham's had reduced its produce area to
one the size of a postage stamp.)

--
Step out of Thy holy chamber, O Maid of Heaven... Drape thyself...in the silken
Vesture of Immortality, and put on, in the name of  the All-Glorious, the broidered