[Geysers] Geyser Report 1-06-06

Udo Freund gosastore at qnet.com
Mon Jan 9 19:46:09 PST 2006

I find it hard to believe that the 80-100' height mentioned is
accurate.  There is nothing to compare to in that setting, making such
judgments difficult at best.  Try imagining an 8 to 10 story building
out there.  Not easy, is it?  If a comparison was made from the overlook
I'd say the 80' estimate bears more merit (better perspective), but less
if from the b'walk near Fountain.  Misjudging by a factor of 2 or 3
seems rather much but not entirely impossible.  Or is something truly
new going on out there?  Did John or anyone else take photos?  Can
anyone corroborate this?  CSI, no GSI (Geyser ...) YNP to be continued,
I hope.  (c;)

Udo Freund