[Geysers] Geyser Report 1-1-06

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sun Jan 1 18:44:32 PST 2006

Nothing out of the ordinary going on right now.

The first Old Faithful of the year was at 0026.

Plume is erupting on 50-80 minute intervals.

Sawmill continues to dominate the area.  Both Tardy and Penta have snow in
their runoff channels.

Grand today was 1550 (D0/G2C) with a duration of 11m26s.  Rift started a
couple of minutes after Grand finished.

Oblong at 1521.

Per Mike Lang, Grotto was in marathon yesterday (12/31) around noon.  There
was a recovery hot period at Giant around noon today.  Lack of snow at the
base of the platform indicates there was heavy overflow from Mastiff.  By
1600 today Bijou was dead once again and Grotto had not restarted.  Based
upon Mike Lang's observations at 1300 on 12/25 and the way Giant looked at
1900 that day, I would guess Giant erupted between 0300-0700 that morning.

Fan and Mortar are still marked.

In Pipeline Meadows, PMG-1 (Dilapidated) has not erupted in several weeks.
I have seen PMG-2 twice in the past 3 weeks.  Its current interval is many
hours (possibly days?) long.  PMG-4 is not active.

Silex Spring has been noted by coach drivers a few times in the past 2
weeks.

MK