[Geysers] A New Year's Old Faithful

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 1 13:22:26 PST 2006

I admit I was sleeping, but they tell me the first was at 0026.  Michael
Lang took reports and made predictions from the Snow Lodge front desk.  It
was a nice night, the stars even came out a bit, and there was reveling and
champagne, with about 30 people watching that first eruption.  And Beehive
went at 2113 i.e.

Today, New Year's Day, there are fresh wolf tracks between Lion and Sawmill,
bald eagles have been soaring over the basin, and one of the Beehive
bubblers is on.  I saw Grand by myself at 0852 n.s., a 2 burster.

Happy New Year,

Carolyn/OFVC