[Geysers] February Sput (Stephens)

Pat Snyder riozafiro at comcast.net
Mon Feb 27 05:03:21 PST 2006

Hi Everyone.
I am hoping to do what Lynn suggested below with the SIlver Globe
Geyser Group on one of my trips this year. I am excited about doing
my first report on a geyser group, although I may need some
assistance. I will also be able to include photographs and hopefully
make a drawing of the group (I believe the boardwalk has been moved
since the Transactions I article on the Silver Globe Group, which I
have, thanks to Lynn).

Any suggestions for the following would be really helpful:
1. Tips for collecting data-- for example, I noticed that in some
Gazers' data books, they have abbreviations, which makes it easier
and quicker to write down times. I think things happen quickly at the
Silver Globes (from my unofficial observations) as the functions
change between each one.
2. How long should I stay to get a good picture of what's going on
there? I am not sure I can dedicate an entire day--Lynn, you say "a
few hours". would three hours be about right? Less? More?
3. Should I watch nearby geysers, too, such as Jewel? Or just
concentrate on the ones I am writing about? There's a nice view of
the Old Road Group from there, I do plan to bring my binoculars!
4. Anything else? I do plan to have a couple of seasoned Gazers read
through the article before publication.

Thanks!
Pat S.