[Geysers] How to search the YNP Library catalog or Archives inventory----from Lee Whittlesey

Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov
Wed Feb 22 08:03:30 PST 2006

To follow up on Scott's message below, it is easy for any of you to check
the Yellowstone Research Library for holdings. Simply go to
http://wyldweb.state.wy.us/yrl/ and then click on "Yellowstone Research
Library." Or, go directly to
http://wyld.state.wy.us/uhtbin/cgisirsi/E9UXgsP2Az/YRL/31230206/60/1180/X
where you can search our catalog.  I usually click on "go to advanced
search" and use that search rather than the simple one at 1180/X.

There you can search keywords, author, title, subject, series, periodicals,
or isbn number.  For example, if you search "Hayden" as a key word, you'll
get 97 titles. If you search "geyser," you'll get 425 titles. You can click
on any individual title and it will tell you about that title.

If you want to look at the massive inventory of unpublished materials in
the Yellowstone ARCHIVES, you'll have to go to
www.nps.gov/yell/technical/archives/index.htm in order to get you to the
"Yellowstone Archives Index page." You then can click on any of the huge
files there to see an inventory of the materials. Unfortunately these are
not easily searchable, so you'll have to simply look at them by scrolling
down. Pay special attention to the box number of the material that you are
interested in, because THAT is where your material is located.

Regardless, there is a great deal of material on these two sites. If you
need help with any of it, call our librarians Jessica Gerdes or Jackie
Jerla at (307) 344-2264 or email them at Yell_Research_Library at nps.gov.
Enjoy!

Lee Whittlesey
Park Historian

                      TSBryan at aol.com
                      Sent by:                 To:       geysers at wwc.edu
                      geysers-bounces at w        cc:       (bcc: Lee Whittlesey/YELL/NPS)
                      wc.edu                   Subject:  Re: [Geysers] Help with Grand Geyser's connections with Sawmill
                                                Complex (Step...

                      02/21/2006 12:42
                      PM EST
                      Please respond to
                      geyser
                      observation
                      reports

In a message dated 2/20/2006 5:03:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,