[Geysers] October Sput

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Tue Dec 5 09:08:37 PST 2006

I'm certain many of you are wondering what happened to your October
issue of the Geyser Gazer Sput.  It finally went into the mail
yesterday, December 4.

The reason for the delay was a fire that occurred at our editors' home
on October 1.  No one including critters was hurt.  The computer that
the Dunns use to edit the issues was smoke damaged, which required
treatment.  They had it returned just recently.  They are living in a
temporary residence while their home and contents are being restored and
cleaned.  More details are in the Letter from the Editors.

I think I can speak for all of us by saying THANK YOU to Tom and Genean
for their efforts to complete this issue while under extreme duress.
I'm also grateful to everyone who helped them put it together.
Hopefully life will return to something resembling normalcy soon.

I wish you all a peaceful holiday season.

Thanks,
Happy Holidays!
Udo Freund