[Geysers] Geyser report August 29

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 14:58:25 PDT 2006

Actually, I was in for a while yesterday, August 28, but saw little worthy
of rerporting. Plume was running a bit long, with intervals of 72 and 78
minutes. Daisy had an interval of 2h 18m.. For those who like little things, the
geyser in Serendipity Meadow is doing nice stuff, erupting about every 30 to 40
 seconds, for durations of 15 to 25 seconds, and splashing fully 2 feet  high.

Today, August 29, probably the highlight (for me, anyhow) was that on the
drive in I saw Fungoid Spring, a.k.a. Thud Geyser, in full eruption, i.e. at
0643. The height was probably 10 feet, though through the fog it was difficult
to tell for sure. Interestingly, this afternoon it looked like its perfectly
normal, quiet self.

Fountain was i.e. at 0648 -- and actually, probably at 0640. On site, again
in fog, I saw Jet, Twig, Sizzler, Spasm (only a foot or so), and Morning's
Thief  (one eruption to around 10 feet). A short while later I caught both Pink
Cone  and Pink in eruption at 0707. I think Lynn later said that Pick Cone was
0701  and Pink 0706, but I'm not certain of those times.

In the UGB, Plume had intervals of 57, 61 and a double of 119  minutes.

Beehive had a short interval of 20h 37m, erupting at 1126 with an Indicator
of just 6 minutes.

At 1138, we were treated -- yes -- to a gorgeous 3-burst Grand (T3Q). The
third burst was the biggest and really fine. This was an interval of 8h  27m.

With gazers taking a Giant holiday, there were no consistent (if any) UGB
observations until after 0800, so we don't know when Grotto started, but it
was/is another long eruption, i.e. at 0830 and still going as of 1230.  Bijou
died off around 0930, so I'm guessing Grotto probably started  somewhere in the
vicinity of 0500-0530.