[Geysers] Steam clouds on the webcam (Stephens)

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 12:22:33 PDT 2006

In a message dated 8/24/2006 9:41:52 PM Mountain Standard Time,
obrien at rush.aero.org writes:

I believe the use of this list to determine what the steam
cloud is  to the left of the current webcam image is wholly
appropriate.  The  Transactions are our document of record.  This
list is not.   Anyone who tries to use it as such, now or in
the future, does so at their  (presumably well-informed) peril.

As has been pointed out, "peril" or not, these listserv pages are being
archived, so they DO serve as a record... We're not even wanting people to not
have fun with the Webcam, and it will be awfully nice if it can be re-aimed a
bit more down-basin. But even then, identifying steam clouds will be a guessing
 game. Heck, it is even now for people who are there! What might it be like
in  the winter, when there's lots of steam ... and wind ... and snow ... and
sheesh.