[Geysers] Geyser report August 24

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 23:21:23 PDT 2006

FYI, the Grotto eruption on Monday was almost certainly in the 18-20 hour
range.  Both Lynn and I independently came up with this range based on
observations during and after the marathon.  Perhaps the Tuesday/Wed Grotto
fits the 10K type, but the Monday eruption was a real, honest to gosh
marathon.  So as of now the activity of Giant/Grotto is not exactly like the
prior interval.  And the Tuesday hot period at 1006 was very dramatic for
its duration of 5 min 55 sec, with Mastiff surging from 3-4 feet for all of
the first 4 min with higher play from 5-7+ feet interspersed.

Paul Strasser

  _____