[Geysers] Webcam Agonistes

snorkology at sysmatrix.net snorkology at sysmatrix.net
Thu Aug 24 21:20:37 PDT 2006

Hi all!

I think for me the bottom line is, I'd rather see somone's photocapture
from the webcam than not see it. I mean, I AM a geyser gazer , I would
like to see them, and I don't remember signing  any agreement about being
accurate for posterity, although I do shoot for that. As someone said,
this is an informal forum,and people have disagreed over steam cloud ID's
long before the webcam. The best policy would probably be to capture an
image and ask the group what they think the steamcloud is, and not be too
dogmatic about it. I also agree that the researchers of the future are not
going to be that credulous as to take everything we blab about as
absolutely accurate.

 Granted, it will be a messy thing to work out what we're seeing from the
webcam vantage point (most gazers don't do their Geyser Hill observations
from the benches at Old Faithful) but I can't see the harm, or not to the
extent that Lynn envisions anyway.

That's my two cents, I have ice cream to get to...

                                   Grover Schrayer