[Geysers] Steam clouds on the webcam (Stephens)

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Thu Aug 24 17:45:57 PDT 2006

> PLEASE stop trying to guessestimate what geyser was erupting based on a
> steam cloud behind the trees.

	I think this statement is wrong, and I believe the reasoning
behind it is specious.  PLEASE do not allow people yet to be born
to second-guess your estimates of what's happening right now!
Presumably any qualified researchers reading these postings decades
from now will be well-informed as to our outlook.  If they have
to second-guess our second-guessing of their activities, madness
will result.

	I believe the use of this list to determine what the steam
cloud is to the left of the current webcam image is wholly
appropriate.  The Transactions are our document of record.  This
list is not.  Anyone who tries to use it as such, now or in
the future, does so at their (presumably well-informed) peril.

Mike O'Brien