[Geysers] Fountain oops.

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 06:59:05 PDT 2006

A message from Tara Cross <fanandmortar at hotmail.com>

>Fountain had closed intervals of ~6h44m on the 19th, 6h59m on the 20th, and 7h18m on the 21st.
>Of the four eruptions I saw, three came from a low pool level.  On the morning of the 20th, Kitt Barger
>arrived at Fountain around 0730 and Fountain's pool was at a medium level.  It rose slightly over the
>next 2 1/2 hours until there was water out the channel, but it was still not close to flowing into Morning.

I see that it would have been helpful of me to note when Fountain actually erupted on the 20th.  The eruption
was at 0957, d=35.  So, the water in the pool was at a fairly high level for at least 2h30m before Fountain.
I have not noticed any major difference between eruptions that came from a higher pool and eruptions from a
low pool.  The eruptions I saw were 30-35 minutes long.

I also failed to mention that Morning's Theif has been seen during some eruptions and not during others, and
no eruption seen recently has been more than about 8-10 feet (that I heard about, anyway).

--Tara Cross