[Geysers] Geyser report August 23

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 20:09:19 PDT 2006

This is way too late to be posted until tomorrow, I'm sure, but whatever.
Nothing particularly special happened today, so briefly...

Plume had intervals of 69, 60 and a double of 114 minutes. Have I actually
been seeing it grow shorter during the daytimes?

Beehive today was at 1039, Indicator of 18 minutes, Interval = 24h  07m.

Tilt's Baby was seen by Bill Warnock at 1119. His observation was  similar to
mine of Sunday -- the thing is still active but it is _not_ having  the
strong, angled jets of a while back. Today's biggest splashes were perhaps 3  feet
high, said Bill. Nuts.

Grand was 0408E and 1134, an short interval of 7h 26m but just another  T1Q.

Daisy gave one interval of 2h 56m.

Grotto was apparently in marathon or 10K (more likely) yesterday into the
night. A Giant hot period at 0729ie was later reported to have had a duration of
 around 9 minutes, and so was probably the recovery hot period. Then at 1025
was  a weak hot period (d = 3m 54s) followed by a better one at 1213 (d = 6m
10s).

This morning on the drive in, Lemon Spring (Firehole Lake Drive) was clear
and only seeping overflow. This afternoon it was murky, bubbling/boiling
vigorously and overflowing in several directions. This is the second time I've
seen it do this in 2006.