[Geysers] Geyser rreport August 17

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Aug 17 15:46:42 PDT 2006

Once again, no Giant (as of near 1400). Yesterday's Grotto proved to be
another mini-marathon, with a duration of probably around 14 or 15 hours ending
in the pre-dawn hours. A hot period at 0735 was probably the recovery, with a
duration of 10m 10s; Mastiff could not be directly seen due to steam, but Lynn
 said that it pushed waves of water across the platform. There were
additional  hot periods at 1130 (d = 4m 05s) and 1325 (d = 8m 18s), neither of which
produced any real excitment.

We pretty much all feel that until Grotto gets off this mini-marathon
business, Giant simply lacks the energy needed for an eruption.

Plume today was at 0918, 1017, 1116, 1218 and 1319, making its intervals
rather easy to calculate.

Beehive added an hour, erupting at 1339 (Indicator of 18 minutes) for an
interval of 25h 09m.

Tilt's Baby was seen at 1009 and 1142ie, and I hadn't missed it by much  when
I was there at 1335.

Lynn reported that Grand was at 0612, a T1C with a duration a bit longer
than 12 minutes. At 1322, Rift started during what apparently was a delay
Turban, and then when Turban started Grand dropped a _long_ way.

And since it seemed that Grand was probably a while off, that Beehive went
and there was a Giant hot period at the same time, I departed.