[Geysers] A little more on "rude" gazers...

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 17:29:57 PDT 2006

>Of course, being associated with GOSA does not obligate anyone to be an educator, but no one should be surprised when others make that assumption.

Another big assumption here is that all gazers are associated with GOSA.  Does the fact that I have not been a dues-paying non-member for several years clear me of the charges raised in the letter?  Unfortunately, it does not, because the writer of the letter specifically attacked those of us who have lived and worked in the park.  I try to be as friendly and helpful as possible in the basin, but the writer of the letter holds gazers to an almost impossible standard.

To me, the writer of the letter does not have a grip on the reality of life, which is that people are people.  It is unfair to generalize about any group, no matter if you are complimenting or degrading them.  If this person wishes to have higher standards for GOSA as an organization, then they should address those concerns with the GOSA directors in an open and contstructive manner.  To write an anonymous letter was cowardly and counterproductive.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com