[Geysers] Giant - Sunday

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Apr 27 07:20:33 PDT 2006

In a message dated 4/26/2006 5:24:51 PM Pacific Standard Time,
upperbasin at comcast.net writes:

Was I delighted to see Giant erupt?   Absolutely.  But it was truly strange –
so strange that the build-up of  excitement that I’ve felt in the past wasn’
t quite there.  I kept  expecting Mastiff to stop.  Again.  And I don’t care
how interesting  it sounds, but watching Bijou, Feather, and Feather’s
satellite erupt for 10  minutes one day (and no eruption) followed by nearly 25
minutes of similar  activity the next day is not fun.  It was bizarre, odd,
bemusing, and  worthy of much talk among the gazers, both then and  now.
For those watching Giant for the next few weeks I am  both happy for you and
pitying you.

I can understand there being all sorts of puzzlement and etc., but watching
something entirely "new" is not fun? That attitude is what to me  is bizarre!
And oh, but how I wish I could see this. The pity wouldn't be  for watching the
 geysers, but rather for still being 1,000 miles away right  now.

Anyhow, here's my question: This was the first Giant eruption of the 2006
season, and thus apparently the first to have truly been observed. However,
might there be any indication that these short interval eruptions were preceeded
by similar Mastiff-Platform-Bijou action? (I know this question has already
been  raised -- so now I ask if there's been an answer.)

Thanks.

Scott