[Geysers] OF Bike Rental - The Curmudgeon

Karen Webb caros at aros.net
Wed Apr 19 06:34:30 PDT 2006

 From Karen Webb
    I agree with a lot of the points Scott is making, but wasn't the
original query about where you could rent bikes in the Yellowstone
area?  I have an aggressive spam filter that often spams out things I
want (like geyser stuff), but I haven't seen anyone mention that the
bike shop in West rents all sorts of wheeled conveyances (at least, it
did the last time I checked).  I don't remember the rates being that
spectacular, although when compared with buying a good bike, they
weren't awful.  I think you can rent by the week, which improves (or is
an improvement over) the daily/hourly rate.
Karen
Of the various "road" hazards, has anyone mentioned the brain dead
tourons (or, at least, the selectively-deaf tourons) who just don't want
to share the tarmac?  We even got Zayne a bike horn with obnoxiously
loud Klaxon-type sounds, and they *still* don't pay attention when he
beeps it.  I've taken to just screaming "BIIIIIIIKE!!!!" when
approaching, then politely saying if I'm the last or if there are more
bikes coming as I pass.